Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Swimsuits and coffee, not in that order.

Whatever.

I keep telling myself that it's too early to follow my morning coffee with my afternoon green tea at TEN AM, but I don't think I'm going to listen. I mean, it's health in a glass right?

Also, I'm kind of high-fiving myself because dinner is already done. Like a boss.  Except actually, if I was a boss, I'd make enough money that I could pay someone else to do that shit, but I digress. I notice that a lot actually. People say "like a boss," but if you think about what a boss would actually do, it probably wouldn't be whatever it was that they said. Fail.

So, dinner tonight is herbed turkey breast and baby carrots in the slow cooker (hurray for having dinner pretty much done when you get home!), salad, and maybe some sauteed brussels sprouts. This is something of a New Year's resolution--making sure that dinner is pretty much always done when I get home so I don't have to first get home and be like...what's for dinner? And then first make dinner, which would make it be late...blah, blah, blah. So far, it's been hugely successful.

Also, yesterday recap....
4 links sausage
16 oz water
coffee
sardines
clementine
green tea
40 oz water
1 link Italian turkey sausage (in lieau of macadamia nuts)
paleo meatloaf, sweet potato tater tots, roated green beans
2 gluten free dairy free cake balls
wine

So, I did make good on my Downton/wine thing. I didn't eat the nuts, which was probably for the best, but I ended up eating the cake balls because someone had to....which, I made them for my mom's birthday, so whatever. I'm going to call the nuts/cakeball thing a wash. DON'T JUDGE ME.

Exercise-wise, I got my 20-30 minute walk in, and I did some arm exercises at my desk with my 5lb kettlebell. I think I need to bring a 10 lb weight in because then I could do stuff...because really, I am way more likely to be able to do exercise at my desk than I am at home. Sad? Maybe. True? Definitely.

Today's food plan:
16 oz water
black coffee
some pieces of lox with a smear of dairy-free cream cheese
coconut larabar  I actually got to go home for lunch, so I had a little fried organic mashed potato w/ two eggs and avocado. YUM.
clementine
macadamia nuts
salad w/ avocado, roasted turkey breast, roasted baby carrots, brussels sprouts
wine

Plan is to walk, do standing forward bend, and arm exercises at desk and pretend that this is a fitness plan.

Also, total side note, but I am SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SPRING.

Sort of.

I mean, I'm excited that winter will be over because winter sucks,  but I am not excited about allergies.

I'm boobing, and my options are limited. I'm thinking I'm going to head it off with prescription eye drops and nasal spray. Basically the Elestate+NasalChrom double header...nothing systemic...and hope for the best. Maybe that will allow me to wear mascara and not look like a gross, red-eyed, red-nosed mess. Maybe.

Also, I'm thinking about swim suits. I'm going to be upfront and tell you that this probably isn't a good idea. I've had three kids. Count them. Three. Honestly, I'd like to avoid the whole thing altogether, but given that I have small children and live right by the neighborhood pool, this probably isn't a realistic plan.  I'm thinking....If I can get my abs together, maybe I can find a bikini that won't make me look like a beast.

Here are my bikini criteria:
  • No string bikinis. These boobs need underwire, baby.
  • Some bottom coverage. Anything that requires a fresh Brazillian is out. My kids would probably end up accidentally pantsing (is that how you spell that?) me in the pool, which would be beyond embarassing. I need to be able to bend over, pick up my kids, and possibly have my kid be able to tug on my bottom without it untying and coming off, and it can't be so small that that tug would move it an inch and then show off my lady bits.
  • Maybe this? God, I miss my abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment