Thursday, March 14, 2013

PI DAY Omfg.

Today...is Pi Day. 3.14! YES.

So, the nerd force is strong with this one, and I love, love, love weird numbers and dates and things like that (I was very excited that yesterday, 3.13.13, was a palindrome), and  I also love pie, soooo this is kind of the best day ever.

Fingers crossed, if I get out of work in a timely fashion today *knocks wood* this is happening.



I WANT TO EAT THAT.

Omg.

I keep saying that maybe I'll make something for my coworkers because it's a crazy time of year. Then I keep thinking about it and not doing it. Does it count that I thought about it? Can I be like...I totally thought about making you food and then didn't do it and then still get credit?

I could make them the magic cake balls, which, by the way, are kind of the best thing ever.

I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't let you know about these.

Now, the great thing about these, aside from the fact that they are vegan, gluten-free, and ridiculously delicious, is the fact that when you make them, they actually look like this.

No, really.

I can't be the only person who often makes desserts that look like crap, but these always come out looking just as awesome as the picture, which is amazing. They really have that WOW factor, and everyone I have ever known who has ever eaten one has been totally floored by how delicious they are. My mom, who is the fussiest person alive and who hates all of our hypoallergenic/paleo food cannot get enough of these and has said I should make them whenever I am required to bake anything, which is the.most.amazing.endorsement.ever.

I made these for my sister-in-law's bridal shower, which included a sweets/dessert table, and these were the only dessert to disappear completely. Granted, me, my husband, kids, and my mom are probably responsible for a disproportionate bit of the consumption, but I digress... I also made these for my mom's birthday, and they turned out just as well the second time. The only thing I'd note is that I used coconut oil instead of grapeseed oil, and that I used the Gluten Free Pantry cake flour the first time, and I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose baking flour the second time, and the first time it was the teeeeeensiest bit better, but no one else could tell the difference.

Ok, so now I've spent the entire blog post talking about pies and junk food, and now I want to eat it, which is terrible because:
 A) It is 10 am, and that is ridiculous
B) Because eating pie and cake balls (even if they're paleo, vegan, gluten free whatever) is NOT conducive to losing weight, and
C) I don't have any of these delicious things right now, so I couldn't eat them even if I wanted.

Sad panda.

...*steps away from the internet*



No comments:

Post a Comment